Thursday, April 30, 2020

Autism Awareness Campaign - Early signs of Autism in children




Today’s poster on “Autism Awareness” presents few typical early signs of Autism in children.  As Autism being a spectrum disorder, all children may not have all symptoms and the degree of severity of each symptom would vary.  Couple of years back, one professional working in disability space told us that Pratibha is not autistic.  We were a bit surprised!  Then I realised that even few parents and professionals working in this space has different understanding and perspectives of Autism and its symptoms.  Hence I felt,  it is very important for general public (I mean, who are not autism parents, or related to any autistic persons) be aware of basic symptoms of autism, as a first step of awareness.  

The posters that I design and post here, are based on my understanding and experience of dealing with Autism in past 3 decades.  I would borrow information from public domain, but would validate and modify them based on my understanding and experience for presentation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy of Giving Up Habits and Comforts in quest of Safe Hands

Last few months, we have been experiencing “Jo y of Giving Up ”.   Have read quite a bit on it in articles and many forwarded messages. It i...